Welcome to South Conference Women In Ministry
The mission of AME/WIM is to define, enhance, support and expand the presence of women in ministry in the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church. The purpose of AME/WIM is to meet and further the following objectives:
- To recognize and support women in ministry as an integral part of the AME Church.
- To raise the consciousness of the AME Church on women’s issues.
- To address the issues of sexism in the AME Church.
- To address issues of opportunities for women in ministry in the AME Church.
- To support women in the pastoral ministry.
- To affirm specialized ministries, for example: chaplaincy, writing, teaching, counseling, research, prison, youth, geriatric, singles, street, health care, family/life relations, music, homeless, HIV/AIDS and religious education ministries.
- To encourage academic training for the ministry.
- To sponsor a Connectional conference at least once during each Quadrennium.
- To support and provide assistance and outreach to women in ministry in the Fourteenth through Twentieth Episcopal Districts.
- To compile a complete and accurate record of all women in ministry in the AME Church.
SCWIM ® 10201 SW 24th Court, Miramar, Fl 33025